Italian Job: No 14 Bangers & Basil Mash
1 Pack of Meaty Italian Job Sausages: No 14
Ingredients: Mango Salsa
- 1 Mango (peeled and cut into 10 mm squares)
- 4 Medium tomatoes (cut into 10 mm squares)
- 1/2 a Red & half a green chili (finely chopped)
- 1 Shallot (finely chopped)
- 2 Spring onions (finely sliced)
Ingredients: The Dressing
- 2 tbsps of olive oil.
- The juice of 1/2 a lemon.
- 1 Small garlic clove (finely chopped)
- Salt and freshly milled pepper
Ingredients: Basil mash
- 1kg of potatoes
- 2 tbsps of prepared Pesto (or a little more if you want a stronger flavour)
- 1 tbsps of Cream (or milk if you prefer)
- 30g of Butter.
- A few fresh Basil leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- Prepare the mango salsa by mixing all the salsa and dressing until everything is lightly coated, leave until ready to use.
- Cut the potatoes into even sized pieces and boil from cold water until the potatoes are soft, drain and allow to dry.
- While the potatoes are boiling cook the sausages by grilling for 15-20 minutes, turning regularly until cooked then place in foil in a low heat oven to keep warm while you finish the potatoes
- To the cooked drain potatoes add two tablespoons of ready prepared pesto and begin to mash, add a little butter and continue mixing. Add a tablespoon of cream, the butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the sausages and the salsa along with the mash in a suitable table dish and serve with the basil leaves lightly chopped (to release the flavour) over the top of the potatoes.