Simply Gourmet Sausage Rolls & Scotch Eggs
Ingredients: Sausage Rolls
- 1 Pack of Simply Sausage (any flavour will do!)
- 1 Pack ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 Egg yolk & 100ml of milk combined
- Sesame or poppy seed for decoration
Ingredients: Scotch Eggs
- 1 Pack of Simply Sausages (try the Lethal Lucifer: No 666)
- 6 Free range eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 Eggs
- 100ml of Milk
- 100g Flour
- 250g Breadcrumbs
Method: Sausage Rolls
- Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Split the skins of the sausages and squeeze into a bowl.
- Lightly flour your baking tray and roll out the pastry.
- Place the sausage meat into the centre of the pastry then roll until the meat is enclosed, make sure the point at where the pastry meets is placed to the bottom of the roll. With a brush coat the top of the pastry with the egg & milk mixture.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional) then place the baking tray in the oven for 15/20 minutes until golden brown. Cut to desired size and serve warm.
Method: Scotch Eggs
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, reduce to a simmer then lower the eggs and cook for 7 minutes. Run the eggs under a cold tap until completely cold then peel.
- Split the skins of the sausages and place into a bowl.
- In a piece of cling film pat out the sausage meat large enough to envelope the egg. Using the cling film wrap the meat round the egg until its completly covered. Remove the cling film and shape with your hands to an even thickness all over. Repeat with the other eggs and place into the fridge to firm up.
- For the coating, whisk the egg and milk together with a pinch of salt.
- Dust the sausage-coated eggs in flour then shake off any excess.
- Now dip into the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumbs.
- Dip back into the egg mixture then back into the breadcrumbs.
- Heat a fat fryer to 185°C (or warm the oil in a pan using a thermometer to be accurate with temperature). Brown the Scotch eggs for 2 minutes in the fryer then place into the oven (200°C) for ten minutes to warm through.
- Serve warm with a lick of mustard.