Pork-a-Leekie: No 37 Toad in the Hole & Bacon Mash
- 1 Pack of Simply Sausages Pork-A-Leekie: No 37
- 1 Pack smoked bacon lardons
- 1 Cup of plain flour
- 1 Cup of eggs
- 1 Cup of milk
- Pinch of salt
- Vegetable oil
- 1kg of Floury potatoes
- 3 Leeks (shredded)
- 150kg Unsalted butter
- Gravy granules
- Heat the oven to 220°C.
- Peel & chop potatoes then add to pan of water, bring to boil and cook until tender.
- Add the plain flour, eggs, milk and a pinch of salt to a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Place a splash of oil into your Yorkshire pudding pans then place in the middle of your hot oven.
- Lightly grill your sausages until they have coloured slightly then remove and keep warm.
- Remove the pudding pans from the oven and pour in the batter mixture, then add 2 sausages per person and place back into the hot oven for 15/20 mins.
- Now fry off the bacon lardons until crispy then remove from the pan and keep warm, in the same pan add 30 grams of butter, add your shredded leeks and cook until soft. Remove and keep warm.
- Drain your potatoes once cooked then add the rest of the butter to the pan with a splash of milk, heat until all the butter is melted then add the potatoes and mash.
- Then add the smokey bacon lardons and a few cooked leeks, season and keep warm.
- Next make your gravy, remove the cooked toad in the holes from the oven and serve with mash, sautéed leeks and gravy.